Saturday, January 13, 2007

the morning after

Well, I thought some English would be great for 9 AM post while I'm still sleepy. Getting out of my bed was a huge effort and now all I can think of is how to go back to bed...
I'm extremely happy and tired. Yesterday was a very busy day: breakfast with friends, lunch with my mother, dinner with a group, and then a drink with some other group. This is the first time I began celebrating some time before my birthday and it had its benefits, and some cons (tired, sleepy, my mind hibernating when I should be working). I couldn't say no to some invitations (well, how could I say no to my friends?).

Today I'll continue celebrating and I'm exhausted! (almost a full week partying, go figure), tonight my family is coming over and I'll have to put myself together for that moment (I prepared 6 dozen empanadas some days ago, so there's no need to worry about dinner, birthday cake, or even wine). My microwave brownies (a six-minute cooking recipe I discovered) were prepared yesterday, and ice-cream will be served as well as some Mendoza wine.

Still there's a full day to relax, hopefully I'll get some strength back while sitting in my balcony (yes, the sun is shining out there for me!). I can't think of anything else but a picture of my dog to show you how I feel this morning. A nap will be required and I can hear my bed calling out my name, or should I take a nap sitting in the balcony? My first tough decision of the day...

No comments: