Sunday, February 18, 2007

the case of the watch(es)

My watch decided to stop working about fifteen days ago without any warning (it also coincided with my other watch losing its crystal somewhere I couldn't find). So, I decided it was time to have both repaired.
It never occurred to me that it was so difficult to find a good place to have those fixes done. But then I found a place where a very old man with thick eyeglasses was ready to put his hands on my watches.
Some days passed by, and I forgot about the matter. In fact, I remembered this subject ten days later. And called the grandpa to ask if I could pick up my watches. After a while the man understood who I was and told me that my watches weren't working plus it was going to take him about five more days ... ok, I thought, I'm in no hurry. Take your time.
Five days later my calendar beeped and made me remember I had to go for my belongings. Off I went for them... Then again the man greeted at me with a big smile, and told me that I should take my watches and come back in March... It seems he never fixed them, and in March he'll have more time to do whatever he has to do to make them tic tac again...

No comments: