Thursday, March 15, 2007

candle in the wind

Today was a headache day, or I should say it was a migraine day: I felt as if somebody was punching my brain repeatedly. The very first moment I woke up, I felt it, and there was nothing I could do.

I did what I had to do, but refused to take any medicine. I worked, translated, made phone calls, made appointments. But no aspirins, no pain-free pills, nothing. And I regreted not doing so, because I was feeling worse when coming back home.

One little thing that made my day better (besides the pill for the migraine that I had to take) was an orchid-scented candle I bought. I love candles, especially if they're imported (from The Netherlands!). Oh, yes, they smell so much better!
Tomorrow I'll go buy a few more, and some flowers... ( flowers do go with candles!).

By the way, I'm feeling better, reading very good novels, and some internet material about Rowena's life. Try taking a peek, and you'll be caught by the funny stories! Great material!

2 comments:

Romi said...

Have you tried Topamac (r) for migraine? It's a prescripted medicine, my neurologist gave it to me. Works wonderfully!

By the way, are you a translator? I'm just getting to know your blog, and haven't quite figured it out. If so, hey there, colleague ;)

(No sé si la onda del blog amerita comentarios en inglés o no, así que va a medias por ser el primero.)

Saludos =)

Unknown said...

Hey there! I'll try that medicine, for sure! (thanks for the tip)
I'm a translator, but also work full-time... you know what's that like, right?
Comments in the language you prefer!
Saluditos!
Pequeña Orquídea