Thursday, April 26, 2007

dog stories

Some time ago a friend of mine had to prepare her house for a party. So, she called her mother to help her with the meal, being her mum a kind of caterer, it was the right person to call. She took care of the matter in no time at all, and cooked for everybody.
Taking into account the amount of time they needed to lay the tables in a very elaborate way, the mother decided that the dishes, meals already served in the plates, should arrive no more than three hours prior to the event. She used her SUV and asked my friend's brother to drive while she took notes of what she had to pick in the way to my friend's home. Up to that moment, everything seemed to be going smoothly...
They reached my friend's house, she opened the door to help the family to take the plates to the kitchen, and while ones were coming and going with the plates, others were in charge of opening the bottles, and so on... In the meantime, the family dog decided he wanted to take a bite and see how humans food tasted like. Let me tell you that it was an important event, with ambassadors, waiters, cocktails, unpronounceable wine labels, and so on, which meant everybody was very busy to even realize that the dog was actually eating the meals prepared for the guests...
Well, I really don't know how they managed, how the dog survived for having eaten like 50 people... the moral of the story is that I'd never leave my dog unwatched. She'd not only eat meals, but also help herself to dessert, drink some wine just in case, and even thank me for the excellent moment!

No comments: