Friday, July 27, 2007

old calendars

I moved some time ago where I'm living now. The good thing about moving was that many old things were thrown away. The bad thing was that I opened all sort of boxes containing all sort of old papers that needed to go.

So, what did I find among all those papers? old calendars with poems, sketches, some short stories I used to write when I was a teenager (a long long time ago). You see, the kind of stuff that makes you laugh for hours and makes you lose track of time (not a very productive activity when you're in the middle of the move, right? But a great recreational activity, after all).

Anyway, curious as I could be sometimes, I took some time off to read my old calendars because I wrote very funny entries, or at least there were many details of different subjects I could have never recalled of. Interested enough in those entries, I put all my all calendars in my briefcase, and brought it back home, to continue amusing myself with my own stories in some other time.

Needless to say, my briefcase was emptied a day after, and the calendars were long forgotten on one shelf, an automatic activity when I'm busy trying to focus on other matters.

Time went by, months went by, and one day, out of the blue, I remembered I had some info about an interesting event written down in those calendars. I cannot go into details, but I can say that in the event there were: a guy involved, a Simpsons' plastic glass, and ... oh well, I've to go back to read the whole story again...

No comments: