Tuesday, August 14, 2007

sign

I saw a dog in the railway. It wouldn't have called my attention if it weren't that the train was coming. And the dog wouldn't move out from there. It was a stubborn dog, a suicidal one. I closed my eyes because I can't stand things like that, and I knew an accident was about to happen. I even started saying a prayer for the dog. People stayed watching the scene without trying to persuade the dog to leave the place.
Then, there was a horn, and a second one, and a third one. I opened my eyes, as I couldn't believe that the train driver stopped the train just to not bump into the dog.
I don't know why the dog waited until the very last minute to get out of the railway. It hid underneath the station platform once the train was stopped. May be it couldn't perceive something bad was about to happen.
Five minutes later, life continued as usual. But for me, it was a sign. I still don't know a sign for what, but I guess I'll discover it soon.

No comments: