Thursday, October 11, 2007

conversation

Client: Oh, could we arrange a meeting for this week? I want to discuss the project I sent you last month. Can you come to my office?
Me: No, I'm sorry, I can't go, but if you'd like to discuss it now... Any changes on that project?
Client: No, no changes at all. But it would be nice of you if we could have a cup of coffee and talk about it.
Me: If nothing changed, then the project's still on for... let's take a look at my deadline... the end of the month?
Client: That's right (mumbling)...
Me: Allright, then, and the budget was approved last month, so I should continue working on it (very patiently). Unless you need to make changes...
Client: No, no changes. You can continue, but, will have some free time next week?
Me: No, really, I won't; I'll be working all week long so that the deadline will be met on time. Please give me a call if you think there will be changes on the way.
Client: Fine... I'll call you next week... (sigh)

What's the matter with people?! Was I too polite the first time I said no?

2 comments:

Romi said...

Is there ANY chance he might have been hitting on you? 'Cause that's what it surely looked like!
Good luck with the deadline!

=)

Orquidea said...

No, I don't think so. He was trying to provide extra information for the project (information I don't need or find it essential!)