Friday, December 14, 2007

nineteen to the dozen and angels

Even if I'm very busy at this time of the year, I can't stop thinking about those Christmas gifts for those I care. Last year I forgot to give a friend a couple of angel figures for her Christmas tree. Then, I moved out and forgot all about it. When I came back home a month ago, I saw one of the figures without the original wrapping on the floor and I felt like I had betrayed my friend. Call me a fool, but I'm sure it was in a box with other stuff. Highly suspicious (remember the working men at my place? guilty as charged!).
So, some days ago I bought new angel figures (my friend still remembers the figures lying on the floor as she was with me the very first day I moved back in). The funny thing is that, this time, the figures are, in fact, candles. And the shop assistant, a very nice man, told me not to light them before Christmas unless I wanted to behead them...
Of course this was not the real subject I wanted to write about. Yesterday a well-known journalist and writer passed away. He wrote all sort of books about angels and he said he came back from death several times after having been operated on his heart many times. I wonder if he actually saw the "white bright light", as he mentioned his own experience and other stories he recorded from ordinary people in his books.
Now, why I connected the not-to-be-beheaded figures before Christmas with the books this man wrote is a mystery to me. Possibly, because I'm working too much and all sort of associations are made in my mind. Definitively, holidays is the key word.

No comments: