Wednesday, December 05, 2007

still breathing

I haven't gone anywhere. I have just started to settle down in my flat, after a looong time waiting for the working men to take off and leave me alone. Still, some little things are "in process" (the painting can wait at least a month while I try to recover from this nasty experience of sharing my life with the plumber and the mason).
While I was covered in dust and construction material, my computer said "no more". Some virus took over my files, but I was prepared: backup is my middle name!
The result of moving in: several boxes still to be opened and checked, furniture still to be brought back home, pen drive still missing, a suspicious broken floor tile in the kitchen, the old-not-so-old lady from the floor underneath mine calling the police to complain about the noise coming from my flat, a policeman ringing my doorbell not knowing what to do (the noise wasn't that bad). And if you think that's all, you're completely, absolutely wrong: I'm still taking part in the "association of flat owners" which means taking care of other problems in the building (lift, lights, the maintenance of the structure of the building, neighbour issues, etc!).
The good news: I'm back home. Planning my holidays!

No comments: