Thursday, July 24, 2008

operation instructions

In my world things are not easy. I always think ahead and try to solve any future issue. That's exacly the case when you know you have to be operated on and all things go wrong.
First of all, a short course on how to manage administrative clerks needs to be attended. Then, you need to pretend everything's ok (when it's not) with the surgeon's secretary (the one who caused all the trouble because the surgeon is allowed to operate people on certain medical plans and she never mentioned that). Of course, a phone call to the medical plan sales executive is required in order to obtain a change of plan. The medical company will make a [super] exception once they realize it's not the patient's fault. But it goes on: you need a new order to be admitted at hospital, which means you've to travel 45' just for a piece of paper (fax machines are my favourite items these days). The same secretary who made all the wrong moves says I need the original order for my admission (something I can't believe, is the surgeon coming to my surgery? will you please ask him to take it with him?).
Finally, a phone call to the private clinic is required to confirm that everything's set. Guess what? The authorized order (no need for the original one, they assure me) has not been sent to them. Now I've to deal with the fax sender!
[and there are some days still to go before I get operated. Imagine what may happen...]

No comments: