Thursday, March 29, 2007

berries

I keep talking about meals and desserts, but it's the fishy fish that makes me think of better smells. That's why I made some microwave brownies to treat to my mom.

Some years ago I bought a cake through Internet, and sent it to somebody who was celebrating his birthday party a long way from home. I t was really funny because I told him to wait for a surprise without saying what I was sending to him. It turned out well, the cake was there, the package undamaged, and covered by dry ice.

As there were no instructions, he opened the freezer (supposing it was a frrozen cake) and put it there. In fact, it wasn't the case, so when his new friends showed up to sing the happy birthday song, the cake was completely frozen. Still everybody took a bite, and the cake was very good (or at least he told me so).

Now everytime I buy berries, I remember the cake episode. And without fail, I giggle.

No comments: