Wednesday, April 18, 2007

cats and dogs, reloaded

Bearing in mind:
1) the heavy rain
2) the fact that subway services were interrupted (and I was in the subway when it happened)
3) the bus was packed (and I had to take it)
4) I had to come back home and meet a friend half way (impossible! I had to walk twenty blocks just to find her, I was even videotaped while walking, so hey! I was supposedly in the 12 AM news! The one with the green Benetton umbrella?!)
5) Buenos Aires was flooded and some cars were swept away by the current (not mine TG!)
6) My friend got stuck in the mud, well, actually, not mud, but in the traffic chaos (almost the same)
7) My dog was still at the walker's place waiting to be fetched! (which my friend did for me)

It was almost a miracle to get home a few hours later (I did get home, but some people didn't have the same possibility, they had to wait until the water level fell), not even remotedly wet, to have dinner with my friend and stay chatting.
Good things happen even in complicated days, at least that was my case

No comments: