Wednesday, April 18, 2007

daggers look softened

So I told you that last weekend's bbq has been postponed. What I didn't mention was that, in fact, we all gathered for a ravioli meal.
I took the food, they brought the dessert. And the triplets, and the baby.
I couldn't be less and I took my dog with me (in fact my dog was ill and I had to take her to watch over her).
When they arrived, it was time to open the gifts. The kids were surprised to receive a wood pencil each. And they liked it. Besides there was chocolate and berries jam, a combination children can't resist.
Then, she opened her little present (ok, I had to fix the original torn package). It was a candle I brought from the South for myself, but well, I had to decide whether to find one similar, or to lose a little to gain a little. Anyway, she said she liked it and that she'd put it on her bedside table.
At that moment I tried not to smile at my mum. I thought "I told you", but what I was really really thinking was that the candle had been bought in a shop called the "black sheep". Now I understand the meaning...
What would happen if I'd ask her to light the candle whenever an exam is around the corner? Can you imagine her face?!

No comments: