Tuesday, July 31, 2007

winter break

One question: is it me or this winter break seems to be lasting longer than previous ones? Because children seem to spring from the floor. Everywhere. Any time of the day. And teenagers. And toddlers in prams. My second question: where are the parents?!
This makes me think that, some time ago, I found out that some places (restaurants, tea houses, etc.) had a new regulation: they don't let children in. Which means that there are some children-free places in the city. And I smiled because somebody had the same idea I had some years ago.
(By the way, I like children when they behave as human beings).
I must get the list of such places.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind kids in restaurants during the daytime. What I do mind is when I go to an upmarket eatery and am expected to pay an arm and a leg for a meal and to have noisy kids spoiling what is supposed to have been a quiet/romantic evening out.

Orquidea said...

Hi Chitty,
A quiet/ romantic meal can also take place during daytime (take, for instance, a Sunday brunch in a nice place)...
By the way, will you pay an arm and a leg (I wonder if the leg will be shaved, as suggested in your blog for some other reasons) for a meal?! ha ha