Friday, August 03, 2007

back in date-land

One friend of mine was off the market for quite some time. She had a long relationship that did not end well. But, now she feels she's ready to give somebody else a chance.
The thing is that she's in her thirties, and she's worried (terrified is the right word in this case) about the kind of guys she'll find out there, in dateland. I don't know exactly what to say, as I'm not the best when it comes to advising people about love matters. And I'm as old as she is.
We've got a mutual friend who spent years looking for the right one in the net, signing up in every dating agency online, going to blind dates and meetings, and even took several cruises for singles only. It never worked out the way she wanted, though she has a vast experience in the dating department. She never met the person she was expecting for so she dedicated herself to work harder to get the promotion she always wanted.
Tonight we're meeting for some cocktails. We have also invited some of our friends to work on a private network of available men to introduce to her. Who knows, may be Mr Right is closer than we thought.

2 comments:

y.Wendy.y said...

I know this has been said over and over..but is is 100% true.

She needs to stop looking. Right now. And spend her free time doing things she loves to do.

Look at me...when I met Martin I was most definitely not looking for someone, even though I knew, deep down, that I wanted to be in love again. I was so happy with just myself and my life. And content o wait.

And out of the blue - he arrived. It happens so often.

Orquidea said...

I agree with you, but she just can't help it! Anyway, we had a great time sharing a cocktail, and our friends encouraged her to start doing new things! (I think she'll take some tango classes, that's the way one of our friends met her husband).