Monday, September 10, 2007

bbq

I was invited to a bbq. You could think that going to a bbq is something nice, a moment to enjoy. But I knew there was a catch in the whole matter: she wanted to cry on my shoulder. I knew it from the moment I got there (well, I've been avoiding her for some time).
But how can I solve other people's problems? I just can't. I mean, I can listen to them, give them my support, sometimes I give them some advice, but I can't live their lives. It seems that this time I convinced her to get some help, and even though her husband didn't say a word about it, he didn't say anything against my idea (a step forward indeed).
I foresee bbq invitations and phone calls to come soon (that makes me think that I should have become a psychologist).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when my friends do this to me. If you want my advice, be upfront with your reasons for inviting me over. Inviting me to a BBQ and then hijacking it for your own personal gain is just not on.

Orquidea said...

Hi Chitty, I strongly agree with you, the thing is that this she's a little bit old... how can I get rid of a seventy year-old crying woman? I tried to avoid this meeting, but I finally gave up: sooner or later she'll find the way to my shoulder! (in fact, I care about about her, though I don't like being used as a handkerchief)