Saturday, August 09, 2008

surgeon's comments

I: I didn't think (of) or remember you during the weekend (that I was really in pain). [I was trying to make a joke out of the situation]
surgeon: I don't care what you think of me (as if he were tackling me in a rugby match), really. I care (at the end of the day) what my children think of me.
I: You should care because you're the one who operated on me.
surgeon: [while removing my bandages] Would like a Martini or a Margarita? [because my arms were under my head as if sunbathing].
I: What I need to know is when my belly will be in its normal position and when I´ll be back to life.
surgeon: Well, fifteen days to remove the stitches, one week for your belly, a month to fully recover...
I: Great that you didn't mention these matters before the surgery...
surgeon: ... and your doctor will remove your stitches... [meaning, he was too busy to finish his job]

Conclusion: His partner (the one I liked, who wasn't there when he was supposed to) will remove the stitches. In the meantime, I feel miserable with strange and thick threads coming out of my belly!

No comments: