Sunday, March 04, 2007

bad luck once in a red moon

It rained during the afternoon and still is (the morning was so sunny, I couldn't believe it was raining some time later!). A friend called me to crack some jokes about not being able to watch the eclipse. I never ever think of eclipses, in fact, I tend to pay attention to them once they're over. So, I thought it was a terrific idea to remember this one. On time.

There's a saying that explains that some people are born under lucky stars, and some others are not. I'm sure I belong to the second group, as there's always something in my way not to be a lucky girl, let's say, for example: I'm always late when I leave my place two hours before, and with plenty of time to whatever I've got to do, I'm the only one taking a dead-end street when there's no sign explaining that, I'm the only person on earth that says, "hey, I like that guy", and then he's taken by a friend (so-called friend, married with children, impossible that she's interested, now they're together and have a baby, not even waited for her divorce!)... all my life I've been planning holidays to great places which had to be canceled or postponed for some important reasons. It took me years to understand this, and the list may continue for hours, but it's payback time: I'm at home, watching movies while Ricky Martin's show is taking place in River Plate Stadium*, so there's some firework. Is it possible that something is changing for good? Should I take it as a sign?
(Picture taken in Bariloche)


* one of the largest soccer stadiums in Buenos Aires

No comments: