Thursday, June 07, 2007

detouring

I was supposed to wear the suit of tourist guide for a foreigner visiting BA (Buenos Aires, or Good Airs as a friend baptized it). I know the city and its tourist spots (I like my city, though I don't have much time to go sightseeing myself), I used to organize sightseeing days for my bosses who were expatriates. So go figure, the suit would look just fine on me.

After several emails exchanged and research done, the meeting was cancelled (a later flight was booked so as not to spend money on visiting the city). Who would think that a local flight was going to be detoured to the international airport, far from the city.

I breathed a sigh of relief, it was good my appointment was cancelled before that, and I didn't have to get up at 6 AM to find out about detoured flights... After all, it seems my luck is changing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the best experiences I had in BA was visiting a tango club in La Boca (I think?). It included a 1 hour tango dance lesson. At the end of the evening, I still could not tango, but I had made many good friends, including meeting the guy who choreographed Madonna's dancing sequences for her role as Evita.

Orquidea said...

Hi Chitty,
Tango in La Boca? What a wonderful experience! I don't know how to dance tango, but I guess I'd like to take classes someday! (to prevent stomping high-heels on someone!)Wow, you met very interesting people here!